LPG for Fork Lift Trucks
LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) forklifts are used to engage, lift, and transfer palletized loads in warehousing, manufacturing, materials handling, and construction applications both indoors and outdoors.
Some of Ireland’s largest businesses depend on LPG for their forklift fleets. LPG as a forklift fuel is increasing in popularity not only because of its economy and secure supply but also because of its clean burning properties - LPG is lead and sulphur free.
Forklifts are an important part of daily processes for many businesses. Moving goods quickly from storage to distribution. LPG and BioLPG powered forklifts offer businesses unrivalled flexibility.
BioLPG is chemically identical to conventional LPG in use and performance. It works seamlessly with existing gas equipment and engines. BioLPG delivers the same great benefits as LPG alongside sustainability credentials and greater carbon emission savings.
Benefits of Using LPG and BioLPG for your Fork Lift Trucks:
- LPG forklifts can work safely both indoors and outdoors - unlike diesel driven machines.
- LPG powered forklift trucks also provide consistent performance - whatever the terrain. With no need to recharge and the reduced need for maintenance (as LPG is clean burning), there will be significantly less downtime for your organisation, allowing for increased productivity.
- Safety is always in mind- LPG forklift tanks, fuel lines and carburetion components meet strict specifications. Built-in safety devices automatically shut off the flow of fuel in case of an accident.
- There is no risk of spillages or contamination with LPG - as it vaporizes.
LPG and BioLPG are a great solution for the Fork Lift Market in Ireland and will increasingly play a more important role in the FLT market in the future.
LPG Autogas for Road Transport
Autogas is increasing in popularity worldwide, with over 16 million vehicles now being powered by LPG. Autogas is a proven fuel solution for vehicles, LPG is the widely used alternative fuel for road transport. It can be used in cars and vans in the same way as petrol and is cheaper and cleaner than petrol or diesel.
Switching to Autogas offers motorists’ significant savings. Autogas is considerably cheaper than petrol or diesel, at almost 50% less, and although a car which has been converted to run on LPG won’t be quite as fuel efficient as the petrol equivalent with usually a drop of around 10% expected, overall with the lower fuel cost, switching to Autogas can reduce running costs significantly.
Factory fitted LPG vehicles are available on the market and most petrol engines are suitable for an LPG conversion. The majority of LPG kits can be completely integrated with the existing fuel and engine management systems of modern vehicles, allowing you to switch between two different fuel types if necessary.
Today Autogas is available in the form of LPG or BioLPG on selected public retail forecourts. Autogas is also available for individual installations for large fleet operators.
What are the environmental benefits?
- LPG helps to reduce your carbon footprint - it emits 17-23% less CO2 compared with petrol.
- LPG has 50% less ozone forming potential- it produces 40% less hydrocarbons and 40% less Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx).
- One diesel vehicle emits 120 times more polluting air particles - than the equivalent LPG vehicle.
BioLPG delivers the same benefits as LPG, in addition it is a renewable fuel and the life cycle carbon savings are increased to a minimum 50% up to 90%.