LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) is already used in thousands of homes throughout Ireland, efficiently providing central heating, mobile heating, hot water, cooking, gas cookers and gas fires. These uses are well known but LPG is also used to generate power, clean and dry clothes, mow the lawn and wash your car.
Primarily LPG and increasingly BioLPG provides an energy solution for the 75% of rural areas in Ireland without availability to the natural gas distribution network. Although alongside rural properties, LPG also provides urban householders with gas solutions for outdoor living and cooking.
Benefits of LPG in Your Home
When it comes to environmental performance and cost, LPG offers a superior solution to homes beyond the natural gas network:
- Helps reduce your carbon footprint: LPG emits 33% less carbon-dioxide than coal and 11% less than heating oil.
- Technological advances that are driving energy efficiency in the gas appliance sector: The operational performance that can be achieved using LPG are improving all the time.
- Fuel is secure: Removing the constant worry for rural householders may have due to oil thefts. With LPG storage tanks your fuel supply is safe.
- BioLPG delivers the same benefits as LPG: In addition it is a renewable fuel and carbon saving are increased to a minimum 50% up to 90%.
It is easy to install LPG at your home:
- LPG can be supplied anywhere in Ireland with safety in mind: Through your own storage tanks or cylinder supply.
- There are a range of central heating boiler designs available: For example a combination LPG boiler provides heat and hot water on demand, removing the need for an expensive storage system.
- Remote monitoring of the storage tanks: Can ensure that supplies are topped up when needed, giving householders reassurance that they will always have access to fuel for heat and hot water.
- LPG is compatible with most modern low carbon heating appliances: Such as gas heat pumps, hybrid installations and fuel-cell micro-CHPs.
- Using LPG today will future proof your home: As BioLPG is a ‘drop-in’ fuel, LPG infrastructure is ready, meaning no additional equipment costs.